- Our business model is built around providing a solution for our clients in which the design and construction is managed by a single entity – Us.
- The design/build procurement model changes the traditional approach as it answers the clients wishes to a single point of responsibility in an attempt to reduce risks and overall costs.
- It allows our clients to have only one point of contact throughout the entire process. Our clients find this very reassuring.
- Our design/build approach allows our clients to get involved as much or as little as they like while knowing that all costs are transparent and guaranteed.
- Our Management Team, acting as a Project Manager, will control and oversee all aspects of the construction process as a single point of contact for the Client.
- As the Project Manager, we will make sure all activities are aligned with the Clients overall goals and objectives; essentially acting as your advocate and representative throughout the project.
- Typically, the process will involve pre-construction, construction and post-construction.
- Pre-Construction will involve a feasibility study of the proposed space, initial budgeting, tendering and contract awarding.
- The Construction phase will handle all aspects of the actual construction and the administrative roles associated with the project.
- Post-Construction phase will involve final occupancy for the Client, a deficiency walk through and the handing over of all close-out documentation, including warranties.
- We love getting involved early on with our clients to assist them with a feasibility study and review of the proposed location.
- We can review zoning and permit uses and aid in initial conversations with the municipality over permit and drawing requirements.
- Initial budget and space plans will assist in understanding what the costs will be. This process can assist in the lease negotiations and TI allowance.
- Our involvement early on in the process can play a critical role, as it paints a picture and gives us a baseline to work from to ensure the costs are monitored and controlled.
- In some cases, our Clients will already have a design team in place and are only looking for a contractor to perform the building phase of the project.
- We are capable of providing this service for any size job whether it is a new build or a small renovation to an existing space.
- HCG has in-house Red Seal carpenters and access to a wide selection of specialized tradesmen depending on scope and size.
- Whether it’s a small repair involving a specific trade or the involvement of a construction manager – we have you covered.